24 October 2017
Things to Do (Our recommendations)
- Lazy Day Beach Rentals delivered to your vacation rental. Beach chairs and umbrellas, bike, kayak and paddle board rentals for reasonable weekly rates. lazydaysbeachrentals.com
- Watch the Blue Angels practice at the Naval Aviation Museum or from the fishing pier at Ft. Pickens (typically Tue and Wed mornings). For more information visit this website: http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/attractions/blue-angels
- Visit Naval Aviation Museum and Lighthouse (NAS Pensacola) http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org and pensacolalighthouse.org
- Visit Ft. Pickens at the West end of our island where you can hike, fish, ride bikes, swim, visit museum, climb around Fort, watch Blues practice. http://www.nps.gov /guis/planyourvisit/fort-pickens.html. Entrance fee required.
- Free concerts at Casino Beach on Tuesday nights in the summers. Bring your own chairs and food. Kids can run around on the beach while you listen to music and dance. 7pm – 9pm
- Check out the very long Fishing Pier on Pensacola Beach – walk on to view or fish, pensacolabeachfishingpier.com
- Rent a sailboat, power boat, jet ski, parasail or pontoon boat from Key Sailing http://www.keysailing.com
- Watch sunset (over Sound in the summer, over Gulf in winter).
- Try out a kayak or stand up paddle Board at various rental places on Pensacola Beach.
- Inshore fishing, sailing trips, SUP, kayak adventures with Captain Jack – tidelinesports.com
- Deep sea fishing charters (private – Paradise Fishing Charters 850-293-3728 http://www.pensacolabeachcharter.com
- Ride bikes – rentals on various spots on the island or bring your own. There is a bike path which runs most of the entire length of the island.
- Go on a float trip with Adventures Unlimited on the Blackwater River in Milton. They also have a zipline and camping facilities. adventuresunlimited.com
- Explore Downtown Pensacola – museums, galleries, shopping, restaurants, music, bars – walk down Palafox to the end where it meets the Sound.
- Attend a Wahoos Baseball game in our new downtown waterfront ballpark overlooking the Pensacola Bay. Get there a little early so the kids can check out the fabulous Rotary playground. http://www.bluewahoos.com.
- Take a day trip to Highway 30A to visit coastal villages where you can shop, walk on the beach, eat, ride bikes. Check out Seaside, SeaGrove, Watercolor etc. It’s about a 90 minute drive from here if you don’t stop to shop along the way. 30a.com
- Explore the Beach Eco Trail – http://www.visitpensacolabeach.com/eco-trail/index.php
- Explore the Sound. Find a way over to the Soundside (before or after Portofino). You can walk for miles along undeveloped beaches heading East and dogs are allowed – just pick up after them.
More information about the area: