Pensacola Beach Information
- Pensacola Beach is about 25 minutes from Pensacola Regional Airport (about $40 taxi ride). A car is necessary in this area.
- Driving Directions to your unit will be provided a week before your arrival with the access codes to the property. Check-in is at 3pm and check-out is 10:00am (unless instructed otherwise).
- There is a free shuttle on the island in the summer. Trolleys run May 27 through Labor Day, from 11:00 a.m. to midnight Friday, Saturday and Sunday and 4 p.m. to midnight Monday through Thursday. For more information visit http://www.visitpensacolabeach.com/trolleytracker.
- Grocery shopping – Publix in Gulf Breeze, Walmart Market in Gulf Breeze proper, Super Walmart on Highway 98 (traveling towards Navarre); Evermans (organic coop) in downtown Pensacola on Garden Street.
- Liquor stores – several on Pensacola Beach, and next to Publix
- Maria’s Seafood and Joe Patti’s for fresh seafood – both in Pensacola.
- Library – Gulf Breeze
- Healthcare – our closest hospital is Gulf Breeze Hospital, located on Gulf Breeze Parkway just across the street from Ace Hardware, Office Depot, Movie Theatre. As you come off the Island into Gulf Breeze take a right instead of going over the overpass. The hospital is at the light on the left.
Recommended Restaurants on Pensacola Beach
- Casino Bar and Grill – Beautiful views, excellent food, live music, all outdoors.
- Spyros Gyros – Greek food. In Soundside complex where Shrimp Basket and funny cars are located.
- Hemingway’s- on the boardwalk with water views, try 10 for $10 specials. Food is average, ambience nice, fine for families.
- Native Cafe – open for breakfast and lunch in Via De Luna “strip” shopping center
- Grand Marlin – fine dining, overlooking Sound, excellent food, eat in or out. Best food on the Island.
- Paradise Bar and Grille – great music, on the sound, feet in the sand, family friendly, bar food
- Flounders – family friendly in back, food is decent, not award winning, large portions
- Papa’s Pizza on Boardwalk- family pizza
- Wine Bar – on Boardwalk, great wine and excellent food, wine tastings on Friday evenings, all inside, no views.
- Peg Leg Pete’s – a tourist favorite, good oysters, fried seafood, long waits , kid friendly
- Crabs – Gulf side, great views, food is decent
- Margaritaville – great Gulf views, decent food, in a hotel
- H20 – in Hilton, great food, sushi, Gulf view dining, fine dining and sandwiches/salads, indoor and outdoor dining.
- Red Fish Blue Fish – Soundfront, outdoor dining, family oriented; decent food
- Drowsy Poet (above Inner Light) – great little coffee bar, free wifi, coffee, breakfast, lunch and views!
- Aegean Breeze Gulf Breeze – excellent Greek food, steaks, seafood, In Harbortown shopping center
Things to Do (Our recommendations)
- Lazy Day Beach Rentals delivered to your vacation rental. Beach chairs and umbrellas, bike, kayak and paddle board rentals for reasonable weekly rates. www.lazydaysbeachrentals.com
- Watch the Blue Angels practice at the Naval Aviation Museum or from the fishing pier at Ft. Pickens (typically Tue and Wed mornings). For more information visit this website: http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/attractions/blue-angels
- Visit Naval Aviation Museum and Lighthouse (NAS Pensacola) http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org and www.pensacolalighthouse.org
- Visit Ft. Pickens at the West end of our island where you can hike, fish, ride bikes, swim, visit museum, climb around Fort, watch Blues practice. http://www.nps.gov /guis/planyourvisit/fort-pickens.html. Entrance fee required.
- Free concerts at Casino Beach on Tuesday nights in the summers. 7pm – 9pm
- Check out the very long Fishing Pier on Pensacola Beach – walk on to view or fish, www.pensacolabeachfishingpier.com
- Rent a sailboat, power boat, jet ski, parasail or pontoon boat from Key Sailing http://www.keysailing.com
- Watch sunset (over Sound in the summer, over Gulf in winter).
- Try out a kayak or Stand Up Paddle Board at various rental places on Pensacola Beach.
- Inshore fishing, sailing trips, SUP, kayak adventures with Captain Jack – www.tidelinesports.com
- Deep sea fishing charters (private – Paradise Fishing Charters 850-293-3728 http://www.pensacolabeachcharter.com
- Ride bikes – rentals on various spots on the island or bring your own. There is a bike path runs most of the entire length of the island.
- Go on a float trip with Adventures Unlimited on the Blackwater River in Milton. Zipline also. www.adventuresunlimited.com
- Explore Downtown Pensacola – museums, galleries, shopping, restaurants, music/bar – walk down Palafox to the end where it meets the Sound.
- Attend a Wahoos Baseball game in downtown park overlooking the Pensacola Bay. http://www.bluewahoos.com.
- See a movie at our small theatre located in the Office Depot compex in Gulf Breeze. Good prices. http://www.movies4gulfbreeze.com
- Take a day trip to Highway 30A to visit coastal villages where you can shop, walk on the beach, eat, ride bikes. Check out Seaside, SeaGrove, Watercolor etc. It’s about a 90 minute drive from here if you don’t stop to shop along the way. www.30a.com
- Explore the Beach Eco Trail – http://www.visitpensacolabeach.com/eco-trail/index.php
Pick up any of our local papers to find out what is happening during your stay
- Island Times newspaper
- Splash Magazine
- Gulf Breeze News
More information about the area:
- Use sunscreen, hats and sun glasses. It’s very bright in Florida and at the beach.
- No dogs allowed on the beach. If you have pets, please keep them on a leash and pick-up their poop. There are two dog parks on the island – one on the east side past Portofino and one on the west side next to Starboard Villas.
- Check flags on beach for water safety conditions – green safe, yellow is moderate hazard, red – don’t swim, purple – jelly fish
- Use the crosswalks to cross Via de Luna in the busy core area.